Women, Gender & Sexuality Annual Essay Awards
Awards & Scholarship Opportunities
- U.Va. Office of Undergraduate Research- database of undergraduate fellowships and scholarships especially for UVA students
- U.Va. LGBTQ Awards and Scholarships
- Undergraduate Admissions Office list of U.Va. fellowships, scholarships and grants
- Women, Gender & Sexuality Essay Awards
- Double Hoo Research Grant - Application Deadline February 20
- Harrison Undergraduate Research Awards – Application Deadline December
- More scholarships of interest: WGS Scholarship List
UVA resources to support research
- SHANTI – Science, Humantities, & Arts Network of Technical Initiatives
- Arts & Sciences Center for Instructional Technology
Continuing Study in Women, Gender & Sexuality
- Links to women's/gender/feminist studies programs and research centers around the world. Graduate study opportunities are marked.
- Links to Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Transsexual & Queer Studies programs in the USA and Canada.
- Cavalier Education Program - teach your own student initiated course at UVA
Internship and Career Resources
- University Internship Program
- Virginia Alumni Mentoring Program
- UVA Career Center
- University Global Internships
- Extern Program - This is an excellent opportunity to explore career possibilities. An externship is a short term job shadowing experience (usually one week). Each extern experience is different depending on your interests, the career field, and the particular sponsor with whom you extern. All externships are unpaid and externs do not earn academic credit.
Education Abroad in Women, Gender & Sexuality
Steps to go abroad:
- Consider where you want to travel. See our WGS Abroad Advising Sheet and visit the UVA Study Abroad website. Their Search Engine lets you do an advanced search by subject area so you can see what programs offer opportunities in WGS.
- Get a passport.
- Complete the education abroad workshop.
- Meet with an education abroad advisor and explore opportunities (Minor Hall, 2nd Floor, firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Talk with your academic advisors about timing and course requirements.
- Research and Apply online.
- Engage in pre-departure and cross-cultural seminars (CORE).
- Experience Study Abroad.
- Take advantage of opportunities to share your experience with others.
For more information, make an appointment with an Education Abroad Advisor according to the region of your interest.
In addition to the many resources available through the University of Virginia library system, Women, Gender & Sexuality has a collection of over 2000 publications and media resources related to our program. They are available for you to borrow or come in to browse.